Thursday, July 06, 2006

Grey hair

A week back I was peering at the mirror and voila, I saw a gray hair.

At last my long wait is over. I have started seeing a few gray hairs on my head. While most people would run for a scissor to cut away the gray hair, or run for the dye, for me it is a blessing.

So how good is gray hair. I recall on my last trip to India, few months back. Like every Indian returning from US, I also gave the customary visit to dentist. While waiting for an appointment, I tried to pick up conversation with a fellow patient. And he started off with, so what college are you studying in. When you have hit the magic 30, you really don't want to be mistaken for a college kid. A 25-year look would be a complement, but college age doesn't really seem like one.

So that observation started me thinking about the number of times when presenting something in office, I was praised as having a good observation for a 'young person'. Of course the photo of a monkey, which stands out at anyone visiting my cubicle or that deep red t-shirt I so much love to wear, isn't exactly helping me. So I decided it was time for change. Move out t-shirt, in came formal shirt and pants. I wanted to put on even blazers, but with you manager running around in a crumpled pants or Bermudas, you don't really feel like wearing blazers. So now I started looking like a young college kid, who wears formals to try to look important. Ohh that young guy :)

So welcome some gray hair and let me look a bit my age.

5 comments:

  1. aahaa ha ..a better way of telling a bitter truth !!! Dont u worry Jeseem.. they call it "bhagya nara".
    btw , tat chimpoo ws cute, I rembr Si bringing me to ur cubicle jz to show that!! :0) ..DO u hav it in ur new WP too ?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D r u really happy about it or the modified version of cribbing LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. would i put a blog, if I was cribbing about it ??

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha ha, I do that. dont take serious was just kidding

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. just looking at brighter side of life :-P

    ReplyDelete