Saturday, January 13, 2007

tough lessons

here's an instance of a typical class

I am working on Saturday afternoon in office.
My friend walks in.
She dumps her big sack of stuff, cellphones, car keys etc etc.
Then she walks into my cubicle and says

she: 'hi da'.

me : hi abc

she : when I came in, the security guard was staring at me da. cheapo guy..

she: so how do I look ?

she is wearing a black wraparound. she does a complete turn to show me the dress,
then runs her fingers through her hair. ( she has short, not so thick hair, but doesn't ever let a chance go by to show it off :-) )

I give my characteristic smile, then with a guarded
'it is good'

she walks away to her cubicle without saying much.
I get engrossed in my work.
after sometime my messenger buzzes

she: u cheepoo.. what will happen if you give a good comment.

I quit working and walk to her cubicle.
I say hi .
she sly'le gets up and opens a heavy book.
now that is a new one, I had never seen her studying those big books.
and then

*wham*
the book lands on my head

she: that should teach you to compliment a girl.

me: *ouch*

me :hey I was too mesmerised by your beauty to say anything last time.
you look so stunning da. This dress looks so great on you.
your lucky boyfriend

she is having the satisfied smile of a girl praised

me: only if you didn't have those extra flabs

and then I run ... :-)



Some friends leave there mark on others, she definitely taught me to compliment others,
and to keep a safe distance from heavy books :-)

16 comments:

  1. hmmm... u r having tough life out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. anoopg: This was when I was back in India. I graduated , so no more lessons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it the old sr__d_v_ ?? (ddgian)

    ReplyDelete
  4. no no.
    u dunno her

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I think she's flirting with you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. anali, this is kind of old story. we were/are great friends, but thats about it. and little bit flirting never caused any harm :)
    but she did add something to my character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gosh...this is real...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. baby angel : :)

    niki chan: i wish i had smone like you too in work. and no she is not interested that way. we were/are just good friends and now she is married too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. she is definitely hitting in you... Luck you or .... ;>>>>>

    hehehhe

    keep smiling alwayssssss

    ReplyDelete
  10. hitting on you ...sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hitting on you ...sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. poo: she was definitely not hitting on me. we were good friends. she had a BF then and is very happily married now.

    niki chan: so when do i get a job in ur co. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. fun story to read. lucky guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. poo : hehehehe :)

    pink ginger: hey u should say lucky girl ;-) . we were just friends, good friends. and she is happily married to another guy.

    niki chan: i am so disappointed. I wanted a hard-nosed manager like u ( so i could poke fun of her in my blog :) )

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! had fun reading this!

    thanks for dropping by my site. :)

    ReplyDelete